How to Use Hands Free Liftgate in the 2021 Chevy Tahoe and Suburban
Open Your Liftgate with a Kick
As one of the more advanced technologies coming in as a new and exciting feature, the 2021 Chevy Tahoe and Chevy Suburban are equipped with Hands-Free Liftgate. Hands-Free Liftgate is primarily programmable through simple kick motion under your bumper. With an illuminated projection of the Chevy logo, the Hands-Free Liftgate will direct you where to place your foot to open your trunk. Liftgate is also operated by the buttons on your key fob.
How Hands-Free Power Liftgate Works on your Chevy Tahoe and Suburban
While using the Hands-Free Liftgate in your 2021 Chevy Tahoe and Suburban is programmed through a simple kick, the last thing we want is for you to be kicking your bumper like a Rockette. Here is more detailed information on how this feature works.
Operating the Hands-Free Power Liftgate
- Approach the rear of your vehicle with your key fob in your hand, pocket, or a bag in close proximity.
- Aim your kick over the illuminated logo. Kick up beneath the bumper in one quick, straight motion.
- Do not kick the actual bumper
- Do not use a sweeping side foot motion
- Key fob must be within three feet of the vehicle for your kick to work
- Step away from your liftgate as there will be a two-second delay before opening. Your Liftgate will alert you with flashing tail lamps and a chiming sound.
- Close the liftgate with another kick or by using the Close button inside your vehicle’s liftgate area.
Adjusting Height on Hands-Free Power Liftgate
The power liftgate button is located on the driver side door and you can make adjustments to its height at which it opens. The three heights you can tailor the settings to are MAX height, ¾, and OFF, which gives you the option to manually open your liftgate.
Find Your 2021 Chevy Tahoe or Suburban with Hands-Free Power Liftgate in Lexington
If you are interested in finding a 2021 Chevy Tahoe or Suburban with Hands-Free Power Liftgate, visit our dealership in Lexington and our team will help you find the SUV right for you. If you would like more information on how to operate the Hands-Free Power Liftgate, contact us, and we will be more than happy to help.