Pre-Owned Buying Guide, Plus Best Used Chevy’s of 2012
Labor Day is just around the corner. The day marks the end of summer for some people, while for others it means the beginning of great deals on everything from craft supplies, to living room furniture, to used cars. It is without a doubt that Lexington used car dealers will all have incredible deals going on this Labor Day, but no other dealership can beat the extraordinary value and care that you will receive at Dan Cummins Chevrolet.
Here at Dan Cummins Chevrolet, we have a large inventory of certified pre-owned cars, to fit every budget. We even have a long list of vehicles available for under $5,000. Whether you are looking for a previously owned 2015 Chevy Tahoe, or a 2002 Chevrolet Malibu – we are the Lexington used car dealership that has what you are looking for, and for a great price.
A lot of guests come through our showroom doors, asking the same question – What is the best used Chevrolet vehicle to buy? Does a Tahoe hold a better value than the Equinox? And if I am looking for a sedan, should I choose the Chevy Impala, or Malibu? These are great questions to ask when looking to purchase a previously-owned vehicle, and we have plenty of answers to those all-important questions. Embarking on the journey of purchasing a vehicle, whether brand new or used, should be done with thoughtful planning and execution. Explore below, and read some of the tips we give our customers before showing them around our inventory of used cars. Already confident in your purchasing decision, and have in mind exactly what you are looking for? Great! Scroll down and check out some of the Chevrolet cars, trucks, and SUVs, that have proven to hold their value over the years, making for exceptional pre-owned vehicles.
Do Your Homework
Purchasing a pre-owned vehicle can be nerve-wracking. The thought of the unknown can make some buyers uneasy – and for good reason. Fortunately, here at Dan Cummins Chevrolet, we have spent countless hours with each vehicle we sell, before it ever even comes to our lot. Go through our checklist below to help you decide which vehicle may be the best one for you.
- Know What You Want. Are you looking for a car? A pickup truck? An SUV? In today’s automotive market, there are more vehicle segments than ever before. An SUV no longer immediately means “gas-guzzler,” and a sedan can sometimes have more interior room than a compact crossover. When purchasing a car, it is important to narrow down what segment you are looking to purchase in.
- Write Down Your Must-Haves. Create a list of “must-haves” for your vehicle. If exterior color is important, write that down. If safety is a top priority, make it known. Some drivers want power windows and locks, while others are happy with the manual alternative. Think carefully about what is important to you in a vehicle, and create a list.
- Research Your Options. Once you have the vehicle you want in mind, and the features you are insistent on having, head online to do some research. Websites like CarandDriver.com, KBB.com, and Edmunds.com – are all great free resources to take advantage of. From your research, you should be able to narrow down your search to a few vehicles that you want to focus your attention on.
- Choose a Dealership. Picking from a Google search of “Lexington used car dealers” can leave you even more confused when you started. Choosing a dealership based solely on rock-bottom prices, can leave you burned in the long run. Start on reputable sites like DealerRater.com, and look up reviews for a dealership. Dealerships that are reputable should have mostly good reviews, and plenty of them. A dealership that has only a handful of reviews may not be as legitimate. It is also important to note how long they have been in business. Dealerships that have been around for a long time, are still around for a reason. Explore your options, and choose the one that is right for you.
- Know Your Budget. Have a realistic spending goal for your new-to-you car. You don’t want to overexert yourself, or end up buying a car you aren’t happy with. Find a number you are comfortable with, and plan to stick to it. Whether you end up being flexible when it comes down to signing on the dotted line is up to you, but having an initial number in mind is imperative to the process.
- Be Aware of Costs Down the Road. Call your insurance agent, and let them know the car you have in mind. Get a quote for what insurance will cost you, and consider that when making used-car purchase. If saving money at the pump is important, also be sure to choose a vehicle that has a good EPA fuel economy rating. Another financial impact to consider is warranty information. If a dealer does not offer a warranty on a used car, be sure to plan for maintenance and potential costs down the road.
Plan to find out as much information as you can prior to making a vehicle purchase. Knowing what you ultimately want, will give you the confidence to drive off the lot with your new car, without any regrets.
Top Six Used Chevrolet Vehicles
Check out this list of the top six Chevrolet vehicles that hold their value, and in turn, make exceptional pre-owned cars. While each vehicle listed is specifically for the 2012 model year, they are all exceptional models that hold their value in just about any year they were produced. Each of the following vehicles were named a Consumers Digest “Best Buy” for the 2012 model year.
Chevrolet Corvette – Named in the Sporty Car Category
Chevrolet Camaro – Also named in the publication’s Sport Car Category
Chevrolet Equinox – Recognized in the Compact SUV Segment
Chevrolet Traverse – Under Midsize SUVs, and named for the fourth year in a row
Chevrolet Malibu – Named in the Family Car category, also for its fourth year in a row
Chevrolet Cruze – Also named in the Family Car category, for the first time ever
These six vehicles are just a sampling of the hundreds of cars, trucks, and SUVs that you can find at Dan Cummins Chevrolet in Paris, KY. Chevrolet is an American-made automotive manufacturer, that has been producing quality vehicles since it was first established back in 1911. No other automotive brand can hold its value over the years quite like Chevrolet can. Owning a vehicle that proudly wears the brand’s signature bowtie, means peace of mind for you, and countless years of driving in the future.
Skipping the other Lexington used car dealers is easy, when you know that the most reputable, longest lasting dealership in the area is Dan Cummins Chevrolet. We have a large inventory of pre-owned vehicles to choose from, whether you are looking for a Chevrolet, or another automotive brand. Dan Cummins Chevrolet offers great deals on our entire inventory of used cars, trucks, and SUVs. Whether it’s a regular old Monday, or a holiday like Labor Day, you know you are getting the best possible deal. Bring us your “Must-Have” list, and come down to work with one of our exceptional customer service representatives.