Why the Chevrolet Malibu is Our Favorite Used Car
When it comes to buying used cars, there are certain stand outs that are known for their pre-owned appeal. Not every vehicle makes a good used car, which is why it is so important to do your due diligence before heading out to make a used car purchase. Dan Cummins offers residents of Lexington, KY used cars that are thoroughly inspected and checked to ensure maximum satisfaction. When you come to see us, you will have the assurance that the used vehicle you buy, is of the highest quality and will last you for years to come.
There are certain used cars that have gotten our attention over the years. Some of these vehicles get our attention for negative a aspects, others grab it for very positive reasons. The Chevrolet Malibu consistently falls in the latter category, with dozens of used versions of the sedan selling every month. The Chevrolet Malibu is a model that has been around for quite some time, so finding one that falls into your price range is even more likely than some other used models.
The Chevy Malibu’s History
The Chevrolet Malibu entered the automotive marketplace back in 1964. The mid-size car was offered as a four door sedan, a two door coupe hardtop, a two-seat station wagon, and a convertible. Essentially, Malibu’s appealed to just about every preference when it came to car buyers. The interior of the Malibu featured plush interior comforts, plenty of amenities, and a powerful V8 engine.
After the fourth generation of the car ended in 1983, the Malibu went on a hiatus until it was revived by Chevrolet for its fifth generation in 1997. The new version of the Malibu was only available as a four-door sedan, as Chevy focused on providing a single quality entry into the sedan segment. Since then, the Malibu has been offered as a hatchback, a hybrid, and as four door sedan. With several redesigns, refreshers, and evolutions, the 2016 Chevy Malibu was unveiled at the 2015 New York Auto Show as the ninth generation of the car.
8 Reasons Why The Malibu is a Great Used Car
It seems that with each passing year, the Malibu becomes more and more popular. A study done by Google recently unveiled that the most researched car on the internet in 2015, was the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu. We understand that we are still at least a year off from having used 2016 Malibu sedans available on the used lot, but this initial interest is assurance that the Malibu is growing in popularity. People are interested in the sedan for many reasons, which is why it makes such a great used car. Let’s take a look at eight other reasons why we think that the Chevy Malibu should be a major consideration for your next used car purchase.
- A Lot to Choose From: Aside from taking a brief production hiatus, the Chevy Malibu has been around for quite a few decades. The longer a car is in production, the more used versions of it will be available. With more used Malibu sedans for sale, the price is likely to decrease, making for an affordable used car purchase. Another reason we love the simple principle of supply and demand.
- Buyers Upgraded: Chevrolet reported recently that a whopping 97 percent of Malibu buyers in the 2014 and 2015 model years, upgraded their LS sedan to the 2.5-liter engine with standard start-stop technology. With this engine and added technology, the Malibu’s fuel economy surges from 22 mpg in the city, up to 25 mpg city.
- Strong Reliability Ratings: Starting from the 2009 model year, Chevy Malibu’s have been receiving high marks for reliability and dependability. Buying a vehicle that is known for reliability means that you will be on the road longer, without having to make another hefty purchase.
- More for Less: As it goes with any used car, you can expect to pay a lot less for a used Malibu, but get a lot more. For the 2013 model year, used car buyers can expect to pay up to sixty percent less than the sticker price, for a fully loaded version of the sedan. Getting all the bells and whistles without breaking the bank? Sounds good to us.
- Great Commuter Car: We have already reinforced how dependable the Malibu is, as well as how efficient the sedan tends to be. These two traits make the Chevy Malibu a great car to use for long commutes to and from the office. With a smooth ride, large comfortable cabin, and those high fuel economy ratings, a used Chevy Malibu is a no-brainer when it comes to those long drives to work each day.
- It is Safe: Chevrolet Malibu models from 2010 make great cars for every member of your family. They earned a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety, and a five-star crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. With these high marks, it’s no wonder why the Malibu makes a great family car.
- It is Dependable: Whether you are using your used Malibu for long trips, commutes to and from the office, or for your teenage driver – dependability is an important factor to consider. The Chevy Malibu is about as dependable as any vehicle can be, which means that you will spend less money on maintenance, and more time on the road.
- Backed by Chevy’s Warranty: Chevrolet has one of the most extensive warranty programs of any automotive manufacturer here in the United States. If you find a used Chevy Malibu that a newer model year, it is likely that the sedan is still covered under the factory warranty. Transferable from owner to owner, these warranties can save you a lot of money down the road, for up to 100,000 miles. With that kind of peace of mind, buying a pre-owned car is an easy choice to make.
A Look Into the Future of Used Malibus
Chevrolet unveiled the newly redesigned 2016 Malibu almost a year ago at the 2015 New York Auto Show. The anticipation surrounding the new sedan has been intense, as the Google report we mentioned has indicated. Featuring a longer wheelbase and a lighter overall body weight than the outgoing model, the new Malibu offers a new 2-liter turbo engine with an eight speed automatic transmission. Also added for 2016, the Malibu now features the new Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and ten standard airbags.
The base 2016 Malibu L starts under $23,000, and comes with remote keyless entry, keyless start, power windows and locks, cruise control, steering wheel mounted controls, and more. With the base model featuring so many great upgrades, we foresee a very bright future for the used 2016 Malibu market in the coming years. Just another reason why we believe the Chevy Malibu is one of the best used cars available in the United States.
Come Test Drive the Malibu Today!
The Chevrolet Malibu is without a doubt, a great used vehicle to consider purchasing. Here at Dan Cummins Used, we have plenty of Malibu sedans available for you to take for a test drive today. See for yourself just how far your dollar can stretch, when you make the decision to purchase a high-quality pre-owned Malibu from Dan Cummins. From basic necessities, to fully loaded versions of the sedan, there is a Malibu for every personal preference out there.