Buying from a Dealer vs. Private Seller
If you’re looking to buy a vehicle in the Paris or Georgetown areas, you could either purchase it through a private sale or a dealership. When deciding between a car dealer vs. a private seller, many Paris shoppers believe that they will save money by buying privately, however, this is not always true. Although you could find a great deal from a private seller, purchasing from the dealership saves you your precious time and a lot of hassle. Let’s compare the differences between buying from a dealer vs. private seller with Dan Cummins Auto Group today! For more information, feel free to contact us anytime!
Buying from a Private Seller: Pros & Cons
- Owner’s Perspective: Private sellers know the ins and outs of the vehicle, however, this is only if they’re being completely honest about the vehicle’s condition.
- Niche Market: If you’re in the market for a specific make or model of vehicle, you might be more likely to find what you’re looking for from a private seller. These include either historic or rare vehicles, which are not too common at dealerships.
- No Coverage/Protection: Purchasing a vehicle from a private seller does not provide any type of warranty if you were to have an issue with the vehicle. If the vehicle has any type of issue, you are responsible for paying for any repairs. On the other hand, dealerships provide comprehensive coverage that addresses nearly every aspect of the vehicle.
- Iffy-at-Best Service History: Unless the private seller keeps accurate maintenance records, you might not get the entire detailed maintenance history of the vehicle. This means that it might not have been serviced regularly, leading to issues down the road.
Buying from a Dealership: Pros & Cons
- Competitive Prices/Wide Selection: When pricing their vehicles, dealerships are consistent with the market values, and there is room for negotiation. At dealers like Dan Cummins Auto Group, you’ll get a chance to check out a wide variety of different vehicles.
- Service & Parts Centers: Dealerships such as Dan Cummins Auto Group help you to keep your vehicle in great condition for years to come with our manufacturer-certified service experts.
- Certified Pre-Owned Inventory: When you purchase from a dealership such as Dan Cummins Auto Group, you’ll be able to take advantage of our certified pre-owned inventory, which provides like-new vehicles without the price tag. You’ll also receive comprehensive warranty coverage and roadside assistance.
- Trade-Ins: If you have a trade-in, you’ll be able to put the cost of your trade towards your new vehicle. This will lower your overall monthly payment, helping you save money in the long run.
- Financing: When comparing a car dealer vs. private seller, you’ll notice that most Paris buyers choose to finance their vehicle rather than purchase with cash. Many might look at this in a negative light, however, this is often the most cost-effective purchasing option. If you do decide to finance a vehicle, working with a dealership is the best option to ensure you’re getting the lowest rate and expert advice. Our experienced team works with a multitude of banks we are partnered with to help get you the best rate possible.
Find Used Cars for Sale at Dan Cummins Auto Group Today!
Now that we’ve compared the difference between buying from a dealer vs. private seller, come check out our used car inventory at Dan Cummins Auto Group today! Be sure to meet with our finance center to get the very best prices available near Lexington! Check out resources on our website for more car buying tips.
More from Dan Cummins Auto Group
The Jeep Wrangler is iconic. The easily recognizable SUV hit the roads in 1986 and has been one of the most popular SUVs on the road ever since. Not only is the Jeep Wrangler built for off-roading, but the unique exterior also sets you apart on Lexington streets. Jeep offers style, capability, and tremendous performance…
The Buick Enclave Avenir is Buick’s peak expression of luxury. It is full of lavish interior features, helping the driver to remain comfortable, while also looking stylish on Lexington and Louisville streets. Let’s dive into what makes the Buick Enclave Avenir a premium choice for an SUV. Main Details Not only is the Buick Enclave…
2022 Ram Lineup With the extreme power, capability, and functionality that comes with a Ram truck, it’s no surprise Ram has won MotorTrend’s Truck of the Year award six times since becoming a standalone brand 12 years ago. Whether you need a truck to o off-roading or to tow a heavy trailer – Ram has…