Top Signs of a Reputable Used Dealership – Know Before You Go
Are you considering the purchase of a new car, and don’t know where to start? A simple Google search can leave your head spinning, more lost then before you started. If you are leaning towards purchasing a used car, simply trusting in the results of a search engine, can be detrimental. There are a lot of used car lots Lexington, KY has to offer, and it is important to choose the right one.
How Can You Be So Sure?
There is a lot of misinformation being presented on the Internet these days. Simply searching for a used car lot in Lexington KY, and choosing one at random, can leave you with a raw deal, and an empty wallet. So, how do you weed out the bad guys, and find the perfect used car dealership for your new purchase? The answer to that question is a complicated one, but there are definitely signs that a dealership is reputable.
Tell-Tale Signs of a Reputable Dealership
Sign 1 – A strong online presence. If a dealership you are considering has a lot of information presented online, that is a good sign. It means that the dealership invests their time in giving out information to their customers, and believes in transparency. A dealership that does not have a website, or whose website presents limited information, may not be a legitimate business. A dealership who has a website, should have a lot of useful information for potential customers, including their hours, directions, approval process, and even a list of current inventory.
Sign 2 – Reviews from real customers, are available for you to view online. A simple Google search with the name of a dealership followed by the word, “reviews,” should come up with plenty of links to click on. Reputable websites such as DealerRater.com, and Cars.com, are great places to look at reviews. If a dealership is not represented on at least one of those platforms, there may be cause for concern. A dealership that is reputable, has customers talking. See what those customers have to say. If there are no online reviews for a dealership, it may be a sign to move on to a different used car lot.
Sign 3 – Better Business Bureau accreditation. Most legitimate businesses have an accreditation with the BBB, and a simple search of a dealership at BBB.org, will tell you their rating on a scale from A+ to F. What the BBB says about a business says a lot, and what they don’t say about a business, may say even more.
Sign 4 – See for yourself. If you are considering using a car dealership for your next vehicle purchase, give them a call. Do the people on the other end seem friendly? Are they available to answer your questions, or find someone who can? If this simple phone call checks out, go into the dealership. You don’t have to be ready to buy to pop in, and see what the business is like. Have in mind what is important to you in a dealership, and take a mental note of how many of your criteria they meet. After all, if you don’t enjoy being in the building, why should you purchase one of their cars?
While there is no absolute way to know if a dealership is shady, it is important that dealerships you are considering to purchase a vehicle from, meet the above criteria. If they are lacking these basic traits, then they have failed the “reputable dealership test,” and it might be best to move on.
Dan Cummins Used Car Dealership
At Dan Cummins Used dealership, we have an extensive inventory of used, and certified pre-owned vehicles. We offer options from various makes, models, and body styles. From compact hybrids, to larger than life SUVs, Dan Cummins used has it all.
While we are certain that our inventory is an important aspect for you to consider, you should also consider the signs that Dan Cummins is a reputable dealership. We pride ourselves on the exceptional service we provide every person who walks into our showroom. Check out the ways that we have proven ourselves to our customers over the years, as the most reputable used car dealership in the entire state of Kentucky.
- Google Us. Go ahead, type our names into that little Google search engine, and see what comes up. Dan Cummins Used not only has a strong presence in our community, we also have a BIG presence online. With pages of links to choose from, you can find just about anything you would want to know about us. It is important for us as a dealership to be transparent, and open to our customers, and potential customers. That’s why our comprehensive website not only lists our current inventory, it provides you with plenty of important information. Spend some time exploring us online, and see if what you find, is worth a trip to Paris.
- See What Everyone is Saying. Are the opinions of our customers important to you, when deciding whether or not to purchase from us? Here at Dan Cummins, the opinions of our customers mean everything to us. That’s why you can always find reviews from real people, who have purchased a vehicle, or had their vehicle serviced with us. Everyone who walks through our doors has something to say about their experience with us, and over 97% of our customers recommend us to a family member or friend. Don’t take our word for it, though. Check it out for yourself.
- “Worth the two hour drive! They went above and beyond what we expected, and made the purchase painless and easy. We will give them our business from here on out.”
- “Friendliest car salesmen and team I have ever dealt with! Thank you!”
- “Easy, flexible, and amazing staff! We drove over two hours, it was definitely worth it! Very pleased. We will continue to buy our vehicles from Dan Cummins!”
- “They did everything possible to help me get extra rebates and discounts. This is a dealership that truly cares about their customers, and I will definitely be a returning customer!”
- BBB A+ Score. Dan Cummins Chevrolet-Buick, Inc, has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. That is the highest possible score for a business, and we pride ourselves on earning that accreditation. We have been accredited with the BBB since early 2011, and have always been committed to providing our customers with the best possible car buying experience.
- Take a Trip to Paris! We hear it from our customers all the time, so we have made it our slogan – “I’d rather go to Paris for a Dan Cummins deal!” While we may not be in the actual city of lights, we are proud to be a part of the Paris, KY community. Customers who are looking for a great deal on a used car skip over used car lots in Lexington, KY, and come straight to Paris. Our dealership is clean, inviting, accommodating, and a place where we enjoy spending our day, and hope you will too!
We Are Here to Help!
If you have your eye on a particular vehicle, or aren’t entirely sure what you are looking to purchase, we can help. Our staff is friendly, patient, knowledgeable, and dedicated. Dan Cummins is the best used car lot in Kentucky, and will help you find the perfect vehicle to fit all of your needs!