5 Tips to Help You Choose the Right Used Car in Kentucky
1. Investigate the Actual Market Value of a Used Car in Kentucky
- Manufacturing year
- Distance covered
- Condition of the car
2. Inspect the Condition of the Car
- No denting and damages on the body of the car.
- Check for any repulsive smell or stubborn stains in the interiors.
- The seats of the car must be comfortable and in good quality.
- The wear and tear on the car tires.
- Functional effectiveness of the car lights, seat belts, music system, and other accessories.
- Look under the hood for assessing engine’s conditions and check for any leaks.
- No crack on hoses or loose belts.
3. Go for a Test Drive
- Test the brakes and clutch system. Listen for any grinding sounds.
- Keep an eye on the car transmission as smooth transmission is a good indicator.
- Check for any blue or white smoke from the exhaust.
- Make sure all the amenities function including: power steering, center locking, and power windows.
- Assess the music system for a comfortable fit with your lifestyle.
- Verify if heating and air conditioning systems are operational.
4. Get an Expert Opinion
- Any fluid leaks under the vehicle.
- Reveal any suspension problems.
- Engine performance issues.
- Any problems with the body, frame or wiring.
A typical prepurchase inspection cost ranges from $100 – $200. Most dealership facilities will cover a detailed checklist to give you a validated report.
5. Talk to Previous Owner/s
- Ask the previous owners and assess their authenticity.
- Tell them what you are looking for in a car.
- Check the vehicle history to see if the car has undergone serious repairs in the past.
- Assess the level of maintenance based on how well-spaced the maintenance visits were.
- Ask if there are any particular malfunctions.
- Ask why they want to sell the car.
Buy a Used Car in Kentucky from Dan Cummins Today!
Click here to read what our customers have to say about us. Call Dan Cummins at 877-661-2805 or click below to get the new or used car of your dreams.